“Facebook GROUP MARKETING IS DEAD!”
Well, not really, you just have to know what to do.
They’re hotter than ever, still loaded with untapped opportunities and I’m going to show you exactly what to do in my roadmap to get those first 1000 Facebook Group Members.
Facebook groups are the new way to communicate with leads and paying clients.
The online marketing space is changing rapidly and it’s time to hop aboard. Potential clients don’t want pump and dump messages or to feel like they are just one in a mass production of emails sent.
They’re looking for connection…and personalized interaction. It’s time to step ahead of the trend and give your prospects exactly what they’re looking for (even if you don’t have a big team, countless hours or bucket loads of money to spend on marketing) so you can build a tribe and a raving fan base of buyers.
Get a head start and pick up my quick FREE #growyourgroup handy checklist right here.
What’s the Difference Between a Facebook Group and Facebook Fan Page?
Maybe you’ve been confused and aren’t really sure…
What the heck a Facebook group is…
Why you need one…
Or what’s the difference between a Group and your Business Fan Page.
First, let me explain what each of them are.
A Facebook Group is a page hosted by a person, business or organization to gather people with a common interest. It’s a space where Facebook users can join as members and post their thoughts and interact with other members. While the host or group leaders has the opportunity to bring together their ideal clients into an interactive community.
A Business Fan Page is virtual business card or store front much like a website, where you can publicly showcase news, content and offerings.
What are the biggest differences?
You might be asking, “Why should I bother with a business page?”There are many pros to having a FB group over a Business Page.
The answer is you need both.
Here’s two reasons why…
1. You want the business page for when people google you and your business so you’re easily found.
2. A business page allows you to run Facebook ads when you’re ready to expand your reach (which I highly recommend) and having a baseline of followers on your business page will reduce your cost for ads.
Ok, now you’re set. You need both, but you’re going to commit most of your time to your group, not your business page.
Don’t worry, you don’t need to be in your group hours per day.
In case we haven’t met yet, I’m all about working smarter, not harder…so stay with me. I’ll save you hours of spinning your wheels and keep you from overwhelm and frustration.
Get a head start and pick up my quick FREE #growyourgroup handy checklist right here.
What’s the Difference Between Other Peoples Groups and Your Own?
Maybe you’re wondering with so many groups out there, is there any point in having your own.
Other people’s groups don’t measure up to having your OWN space, with your own audience, your own rules and your own look and feel.
Let’s have a check in.
Are you a leader…or are you a follower?
Do you like to set your own rules…or do you like to follow rules?
Do you want to unapologetically share your message and change lives (even if nobody knows who you are yet)…or do you want to be a spectator and sensor your voice to sound like everybody else?
Do you want to post whatever you want, when you want…or do you want to be restricted to what and when you can post on certain topics?
My guess is you are a leader.
Heck, you’re an entrepreneur.
I bet you want to create a greater impact.
You have a message within you that needs sharing (even if you don’t know exactly what it is yet).
You don’t want to play by somebody else’s rules never knowing when they will change them, do you?
Other people’s Facebook groups give you the opportunity to:
- Expand your reach organically (meaning for free)
- Demonstrate your expertise in a place where your ideal clients are already collecting in groups
BUT make no mistake it is still somebody else’s space being led under their direction.
Use the opportunity in other people’s groups to showcase your expertise, get seen, get known and then invite these amazing peeps back to your place aka your group.
I don’t want you to waste away hours per day playing in other peoples groups with no strategy. That leads to burnout, frustration, overwhelm and well to be straight up…a lack of results and sales.
Time to be smart and intentional about your strategy. I can promise you there is a better way than drowning in other peoples group. Let me show you how.
Let Facebook Groups Build Your List For You
“The money is in your list…”
How many times have you heard that one?
So maybe you’ve been thinking you need to build your list first.
STOP right there!
You know what they didn’t tell you?
If having a tribe is the key to a successful business then…
The money is the relationship with your tribe.
If people are done with one way conversations and want more connection, then to be profitable you need to stay ahead of the curve and build community.
I know when I was starting online I used to hear “Build your list” all the time and yet, it was a mystery to me how to actually get my list up and running.
Fast Forward to present day, after adding thousands of people to my email list and with over 8000+ members in my Sassy Successful Entrepreneurs Facebook Group I’ve learned a thing or two that I’m gonna share with you today.
And the best part is when you set up your Facebook group with the right process and step-by-step strategy, you’ll have a clear path for people to jump on your email list as soon as they join your group. Double Wammy!
Just Get Started
Maybe you’ve been thinking about starting your own group, but don’t know where to begin…or you’re not sure if it’s right for you.
Maybe you have a group already that is a ghost town with nobody participating but you…and hearing crickets on your paid offers.
I get it.
I didn’t want to start a group in the beginning because I thought I’d always have to be in it. But watching others create these epic communities I knew it was something that I was missing.
If you’re like I was, you’ve probably…
- Been posting like crazy in all of other FB groups
- Wasting time on busy work and distractions (unsure what to focus on first or next)
- Wondering where you can possibly find the time to create your own group.
Maybe you’re doubtful about how much value you can add…
Or you’re waiting for clarity on your perfect message…
Or aren’t sure how to nail down that sold out offer.
But girl, let me tell you that all of that will come when you just get started building your own Facebook Group and community.
When I finally bit the bullet and decided to start my own group I did a boatload of research to make sure I did it right from the get go. (Not just added people without their knowing.)
I’d seen so many people start groups that were ghost towns and I wanted mine to not only become a profitable money maker, but a place for female entrepreneurs to feel fully supported.
Guess what? It worked. In six months my group grew to 4000+ members and now we’re well over 8000.
Money and success like speed.
The perfect time to launch a new group or revive an old one is NOW.
Facebook Groups are the biggest thing since email. Completely changing the way businesses communicate with their leads and clients (so don’t be left in the digital dust if you want to have a digital presence).
Get a head start and pick up my quick FREE #growyourgroup handy checklist right here.
So you’re ready…
To get seen in a BIG WAY and be recognized as a leading expert…
To build a raving fan base of perfect-for-you clients…
Create great content that captivates your audience who can’t wait to hear from you…
To sell out that program…
Or to have a fully booked client roster and waitlist…
BUT let’s be honest.
You don’t want to be sleazy, icky or pushy.
You question how you can do this when people don’t know who you are yet.
You’re kinda fearful and embarrassed thinking nobody will come and what will they think.
I get it. I felt that way too and after helping hundreds of women build engaged and profitable Facebook groups, I know this…
You’ve got so much value to add even if you question it at times.
You know in your heart that you’re here to create an impact and share your message with the world.
And you don’t want to be working 24×7 and burning yourself out with exhausting launches, boatloads of unfinished projects and little to no sales.
But you want THIS.
A dream business.
Filled with your dream clients.
The flow of money to relieve the pressure of where your next client will come from.
The freedom to do whatever the heck you want, when you want without worrying about money or having to answer to anyone else.
You want to be able to do something BIG.
And to give back to those who matter to you most.
BUT you’ve probably fallen into the emotional rollercoaster of an entrepreneur. Does this look familiar?
I have been through these peaks and valleys. I’ve promoted programs that resulted in as little as $594 in sales (well actually I’ve had $0 in sales from an offer before) and I’ve had a single Facebook post generate $50k in sales.
And, well…pretty much everything in between.
Maybe you’re wondering with so many groups out there, is there any point in having your own. Yes!
What I can tell is that a tribe is the key to a successful business.
And Facebook groups have been the one thing that has allowed me to build an incredible tribe and skyrocket my income from embarrassing lows to headline worthy highs.
Check this out…
The best part is, you don’t need to have a HUGE audience or a following to start.
And you don’t need to break the bank for it to be successful.
What do you need to get started?
Commitment and readiness to show up in a bigger way and take one step at a time.
So if you’re ready for a fully booked docket of clients sold out programs while working less so you can have the freedom to have FUN and spend time with those who matter most to you, then I want to get you started. Taking those first steps to set the stage in building your own engaged and profitable Facebook Group with your 1000 Members in 90 days or less.
Ok, let’s dive in.
Set The Stage
Before you can invite people to join your group, you need to set the stage.
Before you can invite people to your group, you’ll need these things:
- Decide on a group name. I recommend one that speaks to who your ideal clients are now or who they want to become. You want the group to be easily found.
- Get Specific. Who is the group for? Who is it not for? Know who you want in there. Write it out.
- Your BIG Promise. Think about what your ideal client’s biggest challenge is and what you help them solve. Turn that into your BIG Promise of what your group/community will do for them.
- Set your Rules. Be clear on the vibe you want. What will you allow or not? For example will you allow promotion in your group?
- Cover Banner Image. Create a quick graphic in Canva to use as your Banner image. Make it pop and use a picture of you.
- Showcase your stuff. Before you invite anyone in there, post some great content or daily prompts and give them something to look at or respond to when they join.
- Write a Welcome Post. Welcome your members with a post and let them know what they can expect to see from you.
Action Step: Spend 1 hour to set the stage and decide on your idea, name and rules. Spend 1-2 hours creating your banner image and initial posts.
Don’t forget to get my FREE #GrowYourGroup checklist to take it even further to create your own profitable and engaged Facebook Group.
Now you’ve set the stage, you’re ready to start inviting people.
Milestone #1 – Getting Your First 100 Members in 14 days
This is where you’re going to roll up your sleeves for a short sprint. The quickest way to get your first new members is to ASK.
Super simple, right?
Reach out to people you already know who would be a good fit and invite them to join your group. Be sure to personalize the message to the person and give them a reason to join. Always make it about them, not you.
S-P-E-L-L it out. What’s in it for them?
You can link them to a piece of valuable content you posted in the group or tease them about an upcoming training, post or masterclass you’ll be hosting within the group.
Get creative here by creating an ethical bribe to get people to join. You can use:
- Giveaways and prizes. This can be as simple as the first xxx to join will be entered to win $25 gift card.
- Product samples or free mini course. Give them a taste test.
- Free support. This can be in a Q&A thread or once you hit milestones in your group, you can give away free support via a draw.
Your Action Step: Spend 15-30 minutes a day reaching out, spreading the word and inviting people to join your group.
Milestone #2 – Getting Your First 250 Members in 30 days
Create a drool worthy Welcome Freebie that solves an immediate problem for your ideal clients and post it in the files section of the group or just as the pinned post (the post that the group host can pin so it stays at the top of the group’s feed).
How do you know what your ideal clients want?
You can check out SearchReddit, competitors blogs, LinkedIn Groups, Amazon, industry specific forums, Alltop or other places your ideal clients are spending time and be on the look out for what challenges your ideal clients are experiencing.
My favourite research tool is browsing other people’s groups that offer a similar service or product to you and look for common questions, challenges and objections. Pay attention to what people are responding to and where they might be gap of what is missing but being asked for.
What can you create for a freebie?
- Cheat sheet
- List of Hacks
…or whatever your people want to get their hands on.
Remember you don’t need to get fancy here. So don’t spend a lot of time creating something. You can just post the information in a pinned post like I did in the beginning. I posted a Discovery Call Template as the pinned post (it wasn’t even a downloadable pdf).
Here’s an example of some of my freebies…
How do you spread the word about this ah-mazing new freebie and get people in your group?
You want to share everywhere about this amazing new resource and what it will do for them aka the benefits.
Here are some ways to promote your new resource that they will get by joining your group. (Remember, the more of these you do, the quicker your results will be.) Don’t forget to share the link to your group.
- On your other social media platforms (You can create 3-4 images and a posts around this freebie and rotate and post every few days until you hit your next your goal for this segment.)
- Update your social media profile links
- In other people’s Facebook Groups (that allow promotion)
- Put it on your email auto signature
- If you have an email list, email them and tell them about it
- Ask your members to share and spread the word
- Put a link on your thank you page for your optin page (if you have one)
Your Action Steps:
- Spend 1 hour to create your freebie and social media images in Canva or another program.
- Spend 15-30 minutes to map out your daily promos from the above list on your calendar.
- Spend 15 minutes per day executing your promo.
Milestone #3 – Getting Your First 1000 Members in 90 days
Somewhere between 500-750 members is when the tables start to turn. It’s when your audience starts to self-engage and post on their own. It’s when it feels more like a community and less like you just speaking to yourself.
But until you get there, know that you’ll be speaking to yourself more often then not and that’s ok. It doesn’t last forever.
At this point you’ve got your baseline and now you’re ready for expansion and let’s be honest. You’re ready to make a profit.
For more quick tips, pick up my quick FREE #growyourgroup handy checklist right here.
Now it’s time to kick off with an event that addresses a major problem your ideal clients are having. Here’s a few options:
- A Weekly Series of Masterclasses (aka FB Lives) around hot trending topics
- Host an Expert Series over 30 days. Each day a new expert is highlighted to deliver valuable content.
- Host a Challenge or Free Mini Course. Each day you give a small lesson and task to help your ideal clients solve a problem.
The purpose of the event is to bring dream potential clients into your group and seamlessly lead them into a paid offer.
I highly recommend hosting a 5-day challenge versus other events.
Pro #1: You become seen as a expert in your field over the course of your challenge and you’re not diluted by introducing other experts.
Pro #2: Challenges are insanely profitable when done properly. People get a taste of what it’s like to work with you and gets them craving more from you which leads to one of the quickest, easiest and most effective way to launch or sell out your course, program, digital product or service while validating your offer.
Pro #3: People love them because they can get a quick win.
Pro #4: It’s a super simple way to build both your email list and your Facebook Group.
Pro #5: They’re highly engaging for your group and people get a chance to know, like and trust you.
Pro #6: It doesn’t take much time to map out using my Challenge Toolkit. You can get a challenge up and running in just a few weeks.
Pro #7: People market for you. Using a hashtag for the challenge and daily prompts, gets people spreading the word all over the internet for free!
So now it’s your turn to pick which event you will run with.
If you’re going the challenge route, you’ll need to know:
- The topic or promise of your challenge aka this is the mini problem it will solve.Examples: How to <insert promise/result> in just 5 days!<Promise/result> in 5 days
- The 5 steps needed to achieve your promised result aka your daily prompts.
- The next step solution they will need after the challenge is over aka your paid offer that your challenge will seamlessly lead into. Let’s be real. You can give them a quick win in 5 days, but if they want a full transformation they’ll likely want to continue the momentum that they started and get BIG results quickly..
Once you’ve got that figured out, it’s time to spread the word about your challenge. You can do this by…
- direct outreach
- guest blogging
- paid Facebook Ads (you can spend as little as $5/day)
- posting on your social media platforms
- joint venture partner solo ad or social media promotion
- your Facebook group
- other people’s Facebook groups
- networking events
- personal invitation
Your Action Steps:
- Spend 15 minutes and set your goal number of challengers and new Facebook Group members needed to hit your first 1000 members. Expect about 75% of your challengers to join your group.
- Spend 15 minutes to decide on 3-5 methods of promotion from the list above and schedule them in your calendar. (If it’s not scheduled, it doesn’t happen!)
- Spend 15-30 minutes per day promoting your challenge.
So You Want an Engaged and Profitable Facebook Group?
I’ve given you the nuts and bolts of it here. Facebook Groups are the way of connecting to your audience, building a raving fan base and cashing in on profits all the while building your email list.
But nothing happens on it’s own. You have to be willing to show up and do the work. It doesn’t have to be overwhelming or frustrating, if you follow a step-by-step system.
If you’re committed and ready to do this, then I recommend you follow the steps I have laid out for you above.
It truly is the quickest and easiest way to build your raving fan base and sell out your offers with very little time, tech headache even if you’re just starting out with an itty bitty list or following that includes your mom and dad.
For a summary of steps we covered today, pick up my quick FREE #growyourgroup handy checklist right here and get started today!
Not Ready to Host Your Own Facebook Group Yet?
Maybe you’re thinking, you know what, this all sounds great, but I’m not ready yet.
I would say, “don’t let fear hold you back.” If you’ve read this far, I’ve peaked your interest somehow. Pay attention to that little voice in your head. You came here, reading this far down for a reason. What if that fear was just excitement in disguise?
And if Facebook groups really aren’t for you, that’s ok.
They are my jam and have been the secret sauce for my clients making quick profits in their businesses after spending months trying and trying with little to no sales.
My Facebook group has given me the opportunity to make multi-six figures in my second year of business while being authentic, having FUN and adding massive value to my audience.
Creating a Facebook Group is like creating an asset, filled with raving fans ready to buy your next paid offers.
Just remember if you’re not into hosting your own Facebook group and you’d like to explore other people’s Facebook groups, you can check out my free resource here:
Whatever you decide, start with the end in mind and make sure you’re working towards profits.
Just imagine in 90 days from now…
Getting up in the morning, wrapping your fingers around your favourite mug as you take your first sip (or green smoothie if you prefer) logging into your computer and checking your stats…
- You just sold the last spot in your new program with $3k, $5k+ or even $10k+ of profits that just got deposited into your bank account
- A highly interactive Facebook group with new posts that came in overnight from other members adding value, posting questions and interacting with each other
- And…a system that you can now put on repeat and know step-by-step what you can do each day to increase your following and your income.
- You did it! Your Facebook Group hit 1000! members and 23 still waiting to be accepted.
Here you are celebrating and standing confidently in knowing “you did it!”
You realize to yourself, it wasn’t that hard.
And in come the flood of new opportunities to be featured on podcasts and summits.
Messages fill your inbox with people who want to learn more about working with you.
And you get the chance to sit back, take a deep breathe and savour the milestone. Everything just feels little lighter and a little easier. You’re ready to make your mark on the world. Watch out people!
For a summary of the steps we covered today, pick up my quick FREE #growyourgroup handy checklist right here and get started today!