As though everybody else that was super successful in your industry has some secret memo that you were on a mission to find. And when you find it… magically your business will turn around.
Don’t worry. You’re not alone.
I used to feel the same way.
Searching for the missing piece. Drowning in learning expecting to find it.
Sure there were some great tools, tips and how-to’s that I picked up along the way. But success is so much more than that.
Here are some of my biggest success lessons.
- You have multiple little wins, bits of progress and even significant milestones before you ever feel like you made it.
- You get what you expect. If you say “how come nobody is buying?” Chances are you’re going to keep proving yourself right. If you don’t expect success, it’s pretty unlikely it’ll happen. “Steer towards fear, you’ll surely succeed” as they said in the kids’ movie, Boss Baby.
- Your definition of what is needed to succeed will dictate how you succeed. So choose wisely.
- Everybody is special including you. Own that.
- You are meant to grow, which means every new milestone you hit will bring back old fears, beliefs, and not feeling good enough that you’ll need to overcome to hit the next level.
- Being who you are is what people want. They don’t want a half ditch replica of somebody else. Be you. You don’t look good wearing somebody else.
- Usually, when you are on the verge of a massive breakthrough you hit resistance. It shows up as distractions, the need to learn more or even a test just to make sure you have faith and are fully committed.
- You have the resources within you to be great! So be great. Don’t settle for mediocrity.
- Finish what you start OR consciously decide to move on, but don’t jump from thing to thing on autopilot with no real direction. You’ll spin in circles.
- The quality of the relationships you create and the people you surround yourself with will predict where you’re headed. So look around you and you’ll know exactly where you’re headed.
Which one resonates most with you? Comment below.